Maybe this will help my success with Skype calls!! Ireland Time... A clock for those of us (ME!) who can NEVER figure out the time difference!! ...and here is the USA time...for comparison...

Sunday, August 16, 2009

These two little people are what is right with the world. These boys, and my family and friends who are always there for me. I've thought about Carl a lot today - not any more than most days I guess, but it had a new meaning. Things should have been very different, so many things have gone wrong to take us away from the vision that we had for our future. Kellan and Sean are exactly as we would have wished them, and I am so grateful for them. With the help of our family and friends, I want to teach each of them to be confident, strong, caring men (who love to fly of course) as Carl would have wanted. I would love for them to have his work ethic and to really know how to have fun. If they grow up to be as handsome as daddy it will just be a bonus -

It's never easy to know what to say or to know if I should even post the "tough stuff," but this is what we have been faced with. We love Carl and miss him. We are sad that he is lost to us, but so grateful that he is in Heaven where he has found a new peace and joy - we will see him again -

Happy Anniversary
We love you Carl -


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie-you are such an incredible person! All the dedication you put forth to your family and friends is awesome! You are a terrific mother and friend-Carl would be proud to see what you have accomplished since he left. I'm sure he watches everyday as the boys learn new things and grow into who they are growing into. Life is full of the ups and downs. I am here to help with both! You are my BFF (hahahaha). Your handsome boys and my beautiful girls will be BFF's too! HUGS to you all!!!
Mandy