Maybe this will help my success with Skype calls!! Ireland Time... A clock for those of us (ME!) who can NEVER figure out the time difference!! ...and here is the USA time...for comparison...

Sunday, March 17, 2013


Well, I owe a whole lot of photos, but they are not going in here yet...I will try to get them here today.  I did, however read this poem yesterday and had to post it here today - - Since I fell totally in love with it.  Kellan is really developing a love for reading and the boys love all things "make-believe."  I have always been a big reader and hope that these little men learn to love it too.  Since this blog is a "scrapbook" of sorts...this poem had to make it in here.


The Reading Mother

by

Strickland Gillilan


 
I had a mother who read to me

Sagas of pirates who scoured the sea,

Cutlasses clenched in their yellow teeth,

"Blackbirds" stowed in the hold beneath.



I had a Mother who read me lays

Of ancient and gallant and golden days;

Stories of Marmion and Ivanhoe,

Which every boy has a right to know.



I had a Mother who read me tales

Of Gelert the hound of the hills of Wales,

True to his trust till his tragic death,

Faithfulness blent with his final breath.


I had a Mother who read me the things

That wholesome life to the boy heart brings--

Stories that stir with an upward touch,

Oh, that each mother of boys were such!


You may have tangible wealth untold;

Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.

Richer than I you can never be--

I had a Mother who read to me.



Sigh...every time I read this I get "chills"...LOVE!!

No comments: